DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Help, I have had this area of scarring/ ingrown hairs on my

Help, I have had this area of scarring/ ingrown hairs on my penis for a long time now what can I do to get rid of the ingrowns & scarring?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wish for an answer
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You need to see a dermatologist.

This will take expert treatment to get rid of scarring, the ingrown hairs can be removed by the doctor.

This is not self help, and there is no cream over the counter or treatment that will get rid of scarring in this area.

Do you have any more information? A picture?

Let me know if you have further questions.
Use reply to expert as needed.
Please do not forget a positive [hopefully excellent] rating.
I attempt to be prompt, accurate and excellent.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can I send you an image
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
why don't you up load it to photobucket.com and give me the direct link
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'd like something more secure do you have an email
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No
But you can give it to customer service and ask them to email it to me.
It might take a few hours.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I'll I find a way to insert it in the text, it's pretty bad I've had it for years now gotten treatment had antibiotics etc. I messed around with it tryed self treatment now it's my own fault.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here it is http://s30.photobucket.com/user/dvidetta/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsad555f54.jpg.html
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It looks like there is a sore area now.
The rest is scarred but not to badly although the photo is very sub optimal.

See a dermatologist who does laser resurvacing.
This might be a very good option.

Use reply to expert as needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok do I need to get my docter to refer me to a dermotologist, what about the ingrown element how can I treat that. Also are there any creams I can use to reduce redness inflammation or possible treat the infected hairs? I'm also taking lymcycline for my acne will this also treat the affected area. When ever I leave it the skin forms on top and the white solid substance remains beneath why won't the skin heal normally? Thank you for your time
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No, in fact, you can probably go straight to a dermatologist.
The ingrown element needs to be examined as well, as I said, this is not self treatment...you are already doing that and it is not helping.
Some hairs have to be removed.
You probably need a prescription cream based on swab for the lab to identify an bugs.

It won't heal as long as it is chronically inflammed.
Use reply to expert as needed.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the help, i will persue laser treatment to get the scars removed once the bacterial area has healed.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome anytime.

I am a double board certified doctor in internal medicine, integrative medicine, a trained classical homeopath and functional medicine doctor. I have over 20 years of clinical experience and continue to practice.
I am here daily by request. Use my request link with a long lock and "for Dr. Thomas only" in the title.
I am here daily.