Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

my mother was admitted to james paget hospital with a painfull

Customer Question

my mother was admitted to james paget hospital with a painfull back . after a catalouge of different treatment and neglect she now has a leg infection that could result in amputation of her leg ,after expresing my concern to the consultant he said ( what treatment do you think we shoud have done then ) i did not expect this unprofessonal responce i consider its just a cover up for the total lack of hygiene displayed at this hospital i have funds available to persue my grevance and help my mother please advise what can done .time is of the essance my mum being eighty two yrs old best regards ***** *****
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi Susan. Sorry to hear about your mother. Can I first ask if there is a specialist who is seeing to her leg problem specifically?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Susan. First off she needs to be seen by both an infectious disease specialist and a vascular surgeon. They need to fully evaluate the cause and extent of the infection and to determine whether an amputation may be necessary. Once they have made their appraisals, you can engage a malpractice attorney to review the case and to depose these doctors. If the hospital and its hygiene were seen to be at fault, you can then bring a lawsuit against the hospital and her doctor. But hopefully with specialist treatment of the infection amputation will not be necessary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i intend to email the hospital ask for dates regarding when seen by i .d. s and vascular surgeon if this has not been done to ask that it is done immmediatly also ask for names of relative experts

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sounds like a good plan Susan. Let me know how things go and please remember to rate my service to you