Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My wife is due to see her GP shortly about various ailments.

My wife is due to see her GP shortly about various ailments. I am not sure she will explain enough the various symptoms. Could I ring the doctor and discuss the issue before her appointment?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. You can do that, although it would be better if you could accompany her to the appointment and sit down with her while she talks to the doctor. Rules of the game here--her doctor won't be allowed to discuss her case with you--to talk to you himself about her health--unless she gives her permission. That doesn't mean that you can't tell him anything you'd like.
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

A better option is to write a letter to her doctor

before the appointment, write a letter with all your concerns and then accompany her to the appointment.

I have had many patients do this with good success