Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

my 3 year daughter has complained for several months of pain

Customer Question

my 3 year daughter has complained for several months of pain in her bottom and tummy we have been told its due to constipation she eats a very good diet and she isnt constipation over the last two weeks she has fluid coming from her bottom and is constantly complaining of tummy pain even when shes sleeping she is moaning she has been put on movicol i feel i am being treated as an over anxious mother what can i do ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--and we can continue after this if you need. She needs an x-ray of ct scan of her abdomen as it sounds as though she has a fecal impaction--hard stool in the colon that partially blocks it but still allows liquid stool to pass by. If that's the case, she needs a pediatric gastroenterologist to evaluate her and she'll likely need colonoscopy to disimpact her colon. After that she needs studies about the constipation to see what the real problem is.