Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Just short of 3 weeks ago i started feeling unwell. I had a

Customer Question

Just short of 3 weeks ago i started feeling unwell. I had a real shortness of breath, a tight chest, wheezing, a dry cough and tiredness. I went to GP who listened to my chest and said I was wheezy and put it down to Asthma. He gave me a blue and brown inhaler. After a week i felt no better so went back and saw a different doctor he listened to my chest and said he couldn't hear anything and told me i had a virus and there was nothing he could give me. 4 days later and I had got worse, my cough had become more frequent, I was getting pains in my chest, palpitations and sweats i needed sleep in the afternoon as I was so tired and still felt generally unwell so bad so I went to A&E. I had a chest X-ray which came back clear and an ECG which the doctor said seemed fairly normal. He still said he thought it was Asthma, upped my dose of inhalers and gave me 3 days of steroids. Another week has gone by and i still feel no better I went back to the doctors and it came up i had been mixing cement before I started feeling unwell and he prescribed me antihistamines but when I looked they are the same dosage i take everyday for very mild hay fever. He also said to lower usage of the inhaler because the blue one can cause heart palpitations. I'm not really sure what to think, ive been off work since I started feeling unwell because I'm just feel so tired all the time and so unwell and out of breath. What do you think?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Dr. Phil, MD :

please enter chat

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hi I'm Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil, MD :

Can I ask your first name?

Hi Nikki.

I noticed you had difficulty entering chat mode

Clearly something else is going on here

You need some further workup

At this point, I would recommend a CAT scan of the chest to look for other problems

Antibiotics wouldn't be a bad idea either. No one seems to have considered that. Chest xrays will miss 30% of pneumonia.

That could be the cause of this
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.