Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

When i was pregnant with my twins two years ago. i suffered

When i was pregnant with my twins two years ago. i suffered really bad with hypremisses i was sick so much that it made the lining in my throat bleed. Ever since every time i vomit my throat bleeds iss there something i can do to stop this
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Have you seen an ENT specialist so far and what have you tried so far for this problem? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ive mentioned it to my gp on several occassions when ive been ill but they just seem to take no notice
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Do you feel any bad taste in your mouth? Do you spit fresh blood? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Initially its fresh blood which then makes me feels worse cause of the taste.it is then dry blood and i canfeelitlumping in mythroat
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hannah thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am myself an ENT specialist so it is my speciality to deal with the issues you have. The most likely cause of your symptoms is either throat inflammation secondary to acid reflux from stomach or the bleeding is from your sinuses due to ongoing sinus infection. It is not necessary to have sinus symptoms in such infections. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can take the following measures.

1. OTC tab ranitidine twice daily.
2. OTC tab Claritin once daily
3. Steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily.

You can try the above foe ten days and you should see an ENT specialist who can assess you and can do further work up to get to the cause. I assure you that once treated, you can get rid of this problem and can lead a normal life. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.