Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

i am having a lot of pain in my hips and lower back when i

i am having a lot of pain in my hips and lower back when i am lying in my bed on my side left or right ive just been reading up on prostrate cancer and this could be a syptom can you enlighten me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. It isn't likely that this is a symptom of any prostate problem although prostate cancer that becomes metastatic to the spine can cause back pain. It sounds as though your kidneys are being checked for perhaps a kidney stone or infection if you have a fever, but this could well be a problem with a disk in your spine so I would also get an MRI of your spine to look for that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the ultra scan is to see if any of my tubes are blocked which the doctor said could cause the problem with the blood pressure higher number being so high but its the pain i had in my hips when lying on my sides

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
That's true if there's a stone blocking one of your tubes. As for your hips, that still could be a spine problem James but I would also get an MRI of your hips to look for bursitis and other problems more specific to the hips