Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My daughter gets migraines, usually migraleve help but the

My daughter gets migraines, usually migraleve help but the migraines have been really bad for the last 2 days with very bad stomach ache, she was prescribed rizatriptan which didnt help atall and made her feel generally worse. Can she take solpadeine plus with ibuprofen at the same time or if not do you think it is worth trying ibuprofen on its own.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

She can take a combination of solpadeine with ibuprofen at the same time.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

It may be worth trying ibuprofen alone but the chances of that being a help is a bit unlikely.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have more questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do rate me for my services when you are done asking.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest Regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

I have answered your question above.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Rate me for my services when you are done.
Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a real danger with my daughter taking codeine for more than 3 days and just to make sure sorry - she can take ibuprofen (200mg or 400mg) at the same time I give her solpadeine, it doesn't need to be spread out?. Instead if I wanted could I give her migraleve aswell as ibuprofen (200 or 400) at the same time. Obviously this would be an alternative - I wouldn't give them all at the same time. How many Ibuprofen (200 or 400) can she take in one day in combination.

Do you know why rizatriptan didn't help atall and made her feel worse?

Thankyou for your help

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Is there a real danger with my daughter taking codeine for more than 3 days.
No danger.

and just to make sure sorry - she can take ibuprofen (200mg or 400mg) at the same time I give her solpadeine, it doesn't need to be spread out?.
Yes thats right, it does not necessarily need to be spread out.

Instead if I wanted could I give her migraleve as well as ibuprofen (200 or 400) at the same time. Obviously this would be an alternative - I wouldn't give them all at the same time. How many Ibuprofen (200 or 400) can she take in one day in combination.
The maximum amount of ibuprofen that I usually give is 600 mg four times in a day which would be 2400 mg.

No, there is no knowing why it did not help. In some it helps whereas in others does not. So we do not really know for sure why this individual variation happens.