Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Hi my boyfriend has got swollen left cheek and area around

Customer Question

Hi my boyfriend has got swollen left cheek and area around his left eye now for two days. Do you think that can be due to tooth infection please. I really do not know what to do with him. He is self-employed and he is nor registered with GP yet here in uk but he pays his class a contribution as a self- employed. Would you provide me with the price list for dentist service including Nhs and also the prices for people in his situation please? Also if he applies for Nhs number today can he visit dentist as he would have one please or he has to wait to receive the Nhs number first. He refuses to visit doctor :( as we do not know the prices. thank you very much! Jancha
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

There are a number of causes of swelling of the cheek like that. It may or may not be a tooth infection.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would recommend that he should visit the A & E to be evaluated and be seen if it really is a tooth infection or not. The ER doctor may also prescribe antibiotics in case if it is a tooth infection.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Therefore the next best thing to do here is for him to be seen either by a GP or in the emergency and then move on after that if the GP or the emergency doctor suggests a tooth infection.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

An NHS number is not absolutely necessary to see a GP or to go to the emergency.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So he can still book an appointment with the GP and go to the emergency.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have more questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Rate me for my services when you are done asking.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest Regards