Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

i am a healthy 31 year old, i want to have a baby but i would

i am a healthy 31 year old, i want to have a baby but i would like to try for twins, will having clomid increase or decrease my chances of having twins. i was told that if you are healthy with the right hormone levels having clomid will decrease your chances of having twins? true or false.. many thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. I don't know where you got your information but taking Clomid raises the chances for a woman to have twins to 10% of all pregnancies, up from 3.3% for women who don't take Clomid. So basically your chances of conceiving twins are three times better with the Clomid