Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi I got a massage recently, and the masseuse was naked. I

Hi I got a massage recently, and the masseuse was naked. I had some ingrown hairs on my legs and on them popped hours before the massage. She rubbed herself on me and her vagina touched that area of my leg for a few seconds before I told her to stop. Am I at risk for any stds?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I can understand your concern.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:

There is very slim chance that you are at risk of any STD.

STD's can be transmitted by skin to skin contact like syphilis, genital warts,herpes, and trichomoniaisis or by fluid exchange across a mucous membrane such as gonnorhea, HIV,chlamydia.

There is very less chance of transmission of genital herpes.

Generally, a person can only get HSV-2(genital herpes) infection during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection.Any type of skin-to-skin contact, however, is capable of spreading herpes.

As her vagina touched tat area of your leg,even if it was for few seconds,there can be possibility of transmission of herpes virus.

So bot***** *****ne is that you are at very low risk to get genital herpes or other STD.

But I will advise you to get tested for STD to rule out any transmission of STD.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** will I have to wait and What about HIV?
Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

Different STD's have various incubation period.

The incubation period for Gonorrhea is usually 2 to 7 days.For syphilis it is usually 10 to 90 days.

The incubation period for genital herpes is typically six to eight days, for oral herpes it is 2-12 days.

So I advise you to have the tests after 7 days from this incidence.

No,there is no chance of transmission of HIV this way.HIV is passed in following four ways:through unprotected sexual intercourse with an infected partner,by sharing needles or other contaminated injection or skin-piercing equipment,through blood and blood products through,transmission from infected mother to child.

So there is no chance of HIV transmission here.

I have seen that you have not rated my answer yet.Please do not forget to rate my answer as positive,as this is the only way by which we(experts) get paid for the service.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So even though one of my ingrown hairs popped hours before the massage I'm not at risk and I should wait about a week to get tested? Yes?

Thank you for answering my questions

Ps I rated your answers
Dear Customer,

Yes,I understand that one of your ingrown hairs popped hours before the massage,but only direct blood to blood contact can transmit HIV virus.

And for genital herpes to get transmit direct skin to skin contact is enough to transmit the infection.

So again I think there is only slight chance of genital herpes.

No chance of transmission of HIV this way.

Yes,you need to get it tested about a week later or if any symptoms develop.

Thank you for rating my answer as excellent.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, for asking so many questions. I'm kind of paranoid.
Last question- So her vagina touching my leg /ingrown hairs don't put me at risk for hiv?

Thank u very much
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank u very much
Edit

Dear customer
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes,you are not at risk for HIV.

If you do not have any open wound-with discharge,even if her vagina touched the leg/ingrown hair-this cannot transmit the HIV virus.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Wouldn't the ingrown hair that popped a few hours before the massage be considered an open wound?

Again sorry for asking too many questions, and bearing with me
Dear customer

Because the open wound was popped up few hours ago and by this time scub develops over it,so there is no chance of tranmission of HIV virus.

If the wound was popped few minutes ago & there is mild discharge,then that can be considered as open wound.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank u very much
Dear customer
Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert