Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am on .25mg of ramipril and in day 5 of exante weight loss

Customer Question

I am on .25mg of ramipril and in day 5 of exante weight loss vlcd programme...I feel fine, I'm drinking about 4 litres of water a day...but shove seen on line people on meds for high blood pressure shouldn't be on the diet...why is that? Many thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--there is some possibility that the combination of the diet and the medication could lower blood pressure a bit too much causing faintness and possibly dizziness. So long as you monitor your blood pressure and it stays stable and you don't have those symptoms you should be fine but you should also discuss this with your doctor