Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Went to doctor today I was told I have ulcers all down below

Customer Question

Went to doctor today I was told I have ulcers all down below I just finish two courses off antibiotics for stomach ulcers I am worry please can you help they all say my galbadder not working
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

What are your symptoms now?
Since how long you have these symptoms?
Have you underwent any tests so far?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have this for 3days now had blood test done for full blood count due to kidney and liver and bone and I have burning sensation on my neck for last 6 months still not getting anywhere with this

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms you have described is most likely due to GERD(gastro esophageal reflux disease).It is a condition in which the esophagus becomes irritated or inflamed because of acid backing up from the stomach.Also there may be associated gastritis or gastric ulcer.

Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is the bacteria responsible for most ulcers and many cases of stomach inflammation (chronic gastritis).

Following tests are required to confirm the gastritis/GERD/gastric ulcer:

-Endoscopy/Gastroscopy or EGD,
-Barium meal studies
-Barium follow through(BFT)

Antibiotic medications are used to treat H. pylori infection.Two antibiotic medications such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), amoxicillin, tetracycline, or metronidazole (Flagyl) for 14 days are usually required.

Blood tests usually come out to be normal.

So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with gastro doctor to have these tests done so as to confirm the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have got your answer now but what about the ulcer down below what have cause this my tummy very big and why are they saying my galbadder not function I feel I am being palm of I am waiting to see a doctor at my hospail which it not until August

Dear customer
Thank you for replying back.

Yes,you need the above described tests to confirm the gastric ulcers.

The big tummy you are having can be due to bloating from gastritis/GERD.

Gall bladder is a different organ & is not related to gastric ulcers.An ultrasound/sonography of upper abdomen is required to know if there is any abnormality of gall bladder.

As you got the appointment is august,if you have severe pain or discomfort,you need to go to ER.

Till then take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.

I have seen that you have not rated my answer yet.Please do not forget to rate my answer as positive,as this is the only way by which we(experts) get paid for the service.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert