Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Ive had rheumatrioid arthritis for 50 years Im now 53. I

I've had rheumatrioid arthritis for 50 years I'm now 53. I have been getting severe spasms in my knee lately and last night was the worse ever. The twitching hurts my knee and causes more pain I'm so stiff today. Can I take anything I'm on arthritis drugs and tramadols and blood pressure medication,

Carol
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Can you please mention the names of your arthritis and blood pressure medications? How much Tramadol you are on? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm on ramipril 5mg per day
Sulfasallazine 500mg x 4 per day
Tramadols 4/6 per day 50mg
Paroxetine 20mg for panic attacks per day

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Carol thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. The likely cause of your symptoms is joint inflammation secondary to inflammation. Tramadol is a pain killer but it doesn't have strong anti inflammatory action. I would suggest that in cases like yours over the counter available tab aleve 500 mg twice daily can be taken as it has anti inflammatory and pain killer properties and is likely to help you. Moreover massage the area with over the counter available Bengay gel twice daily. You can use the above medications along with your previous medications and there are no drug interactions between them. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help I forgot to mention that I can't have anti inflammatory drugs as they have caused me kidney problems. So you think twitching is just because of inflammation . ?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Carol thanks a lot for your input. Yes twitching is due to inflammation. If you are worried about anything serious like blood clot, then I can assure you that nothing serious presents like this. Apply bengay and heating pads. If symptoms persist after 48 hours, visit your doctor or emergency room as a course of steroid may help you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be with you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.