Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Stomach discomfort, feeling bloated after eating belching.

Stomach discomfort, feeling bloated after eating belching. Slight temperature
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-

Since how long you have these symptoms?
Any tests done so far?
Is there diarrhea/loose stools?

I am waiting for your reply.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No tests and I haven't seen my GP on the subject.

No sign of bleeding in the stools.

Family history of diverticulosos/itis.

The discomfort/pain is in the middle of my abdomen immediately below the rib cage. Marked wind upwards!

G

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms you are having of bloating/stomach discomfort/belching can be due to a condition called gastritis.It is an inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach.It is caused by a various causes like physical stresses,social habits, chemicals, and infections,excessive use of Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

Along with gastritis,there can be associated GERD(gastro esophageal reflux disease).It is a condition in which the esophagus becomes irritated or inflamed because of acid backing up from the stomach.

You need following tests:

-Endoscopy/Gastroscopy or EGD,
-Barium meal studies
-Barium follow through(BFT)

So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your gastro doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Till then take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter(OTC) without a prescription & will provide you great relief.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will Omeprozole provide the relief the other "drugs" which you have recommended do the trick?

Thanks for your advice Well worth the money

Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

As you are already taking omeprazole without much relief,I advise you to add these above described drugs-tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg & syrup Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.

You can take all these medications together.There is no interaction between these drugs & will provide you great relief.

Also a colonoscopy as routine test will be a required & can be suggested by your gastro doctor accordingly.

I have seen that you have not rated my answer yet.Please do not forget to rate my answer as positive,as this is the only way by which we(experts) get paid for the service.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert