Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Dr can you contract any std from sucking a womens nipple?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
Was this done as a sole act?
Or was this part of other sexual encounter?
Was the woman lactating (making breast milk)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there was no great milk, it was a sole act on and off for about half an hour, i also received unprotected oral sex

Could you clarify what you mean by there being no great milk?
Does that mean that she was lactating, but there was only a small quantity of milk, such as because she had recently fed her child?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry it was a typo, there was no milk she's has no children aswell

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i haven't had a response
I'm sorry for the delay, but I was responding to another customer.

There is no risk for any STD solely from sucking on a woman's nipple. There have been cases of transmission of HIV from a mother to her baby by breastfeeding, but there has never been a case of HIV transmission fromsucking on the nipple of a non-lactating woman.

It is also true that in most of the situations in which someone is sucking on a woman's nipple, it is usually part of a more involved sexual act, such as the oral sex in this case, and there is an HIV risk associated with the oral sex.

The average risk to a male from a single encounter receiving oral sex from an HIV positive woman is 0.005%, which also means that 99.995% of the men do not contract HIV. If the woman is of unknown HIV status, the risk would be even lower, since most women do not have HIV.

So, there is no risk from sucking on a woman's nipple if she is not lactating, but there is a low risk associated with the encounter of oral sex.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.