Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

For the last 12hours I have had the following symptoms. First

For the last 12hours I have had the following symptoms. First aching lower back and buttocks and unable ti lye down because uncomfortable. Sick when have food and diahorriah. Pain then disappears and I sleep. Thenk cycle repeats.
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

I would need some additional information so that I may be able to help you understand the situation in the best manner possible.

1. Do you have fever or abdominal cramps?

2. Has this happened before ?

3. Have you been to a doctor? have you taken any medication for this?

4. Are you diagnosed with any other medical conditions ? what medicine are you taking for them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No to all questions

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your response :)

Keeping in mind the pattern of symptoms, age, sex and the absence of any fever or cramps makes the possible causes for these symptoms to be either parasitic infection of the bowels or irritable bowel disease.

However inflammatory bowel disease can also not be ruled out.

So what needs to be done is getting yourself examined and investigated (according to the findings of the examination). Most basic and effective tests would be Blood complete picture, Stool R/E and stool for occult blood.

If required based on the findings in the examination and the tests a sigmoidoscopy or a colonoscopy may also be done later.

At present what is needed to be done is keeping yourself well hydrated preferably with oral rehydration salt (Available over the counter as ORS) and including natural probiotic like yougart in your diet.

Hope this helped you understand the situation :)

If satisfied please do remember to click on Positive rating (Preferably number 5 please) If you need further clarification please do let me know instead of any rating.

Warm Regards
Dr MASK