DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Small breaks in skin

I'm a 31 year old male and my question is: My wife and I had intercourse two days later there were two small breaks in the skin on the top one larger than the other. There's little pain, just much as if you touched a cut anywhere else on your body. The small cuts opened while I was taking a shower the skin underneath my foreskin was a little dry. I'm thinking it's just from bacteria, friction, or both but I just want a doctors opinion.

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It looks traumatic.

If there were no blisters first that is.

This can also get infected with fungus or bacteria.

I would keep it clean, and show it to your doctor.

Irritation and trauma from latex allergy or reaction to spermacidal cream should be considered.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Use reply to expert as needed.
Please do not forget a positive [hopefully excellent] rating.
I attempt to be prompt, accurate and excellent.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yeah it's been slowly getting better with time . We don't use condoms or spermicidal cream, do you still think it's trauma? It is like you said this didn't start as a blister otherwise I's suspect somthing else.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Right, herpes can leave cuts.

Otherwise I think it is trauma.

Use reply to expert as needed.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, thanks. Yeah Herpes is one of my fears. I've only been married a year and before that dated my wife for a little less than a year. I hear sometimes people can have it for years before they notice it. How often does that happen? Also is a cream like Neosporin safe to use then? Sorry so many questions now.