Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

WITH CHRONIC RETENTION OF2.5 Li 5years ago followed by uretheral

WITH CHRONIC RETENTION OF2.5 Li 5years ago followed by uretheral dilation but was unablle to emty the bladder and now I have suprapubic catherer fitted Cmg showed stable detrussor pressure..Pressure follow up study showed maximumm detrussor prrssure of 53Cm of H20 during voiding however I could only 450 Mls of urine Findings were High capacity bladder with detrussor under activity.This test was done 5years ago.Since then I am using Suprapubic catherer .Now i have astrong urge when bladder gets full to 600ml and I pass 1/3 throgh normal and 2/3 with suprapubic.I would like if there is any treatment which help to overcome this and suprapubic removed.I would be anxiously waiting for your reply Thanks.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
There is no new treatment.
When did you last see your urologist.
What did he say about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you think I have to continue with supra pubic because three months and once year there is stone formation. The stone has to be removed by surgery. Please tell me what diet and what measures should I take to prevent stone formation. My nurse comes weekly and reports to the doctor he does bladder wash out for me once a week. At catheter change I need to take antibiotics I feel this is not good is it necessary to take antibiotic. How long do I have to continue with supra pubic is there any new chances in future. I have also tried the queens bladder stimulator since today it discharged additional 200 MLS after drainage from natural way. How many times in a day should I use queens bladder stimulator. The remaining 50 percent I had to take out with the suprapubic.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I see your prior expert has opted out

why do you have neurogenic bladder? was this from diabetes? or from long term alcohol use?

there is no one diet which can prevent bladder stones

the key is to drink lots of fluids and keep your bladder well flushed.

with catheter change, you can dislodge bacteria which can cause infection.

http://www.malemmedical.com/queens-square-bladder-stimulator

you can use the bladder vibrator 4-6 times a day to help with urination

let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had trip done after very long delay which increased my bladder capacity to 2000ml now it is reduced to 600. I fell sting urge when it reaches this level and I can pass out 200 MLB naturally remaining I have to empty through supra pubic catheter. I don't have discbities or alchohol use. Will regular use if queens bladder help in strengthening the detrusil muscle and sp8nster which help the bladder to contract. I am using bard silver hydogel coated supra pubic catheter and during the day I use flip flip vaulve. At night I attach the drainage bag. Do you think or recommend any medicine for regular use which can improve bladder functioning? I take probiotic to prevent infections.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
yes, regular use of bladder stimulator can help

you can do kegel exercises to help increase your pelvic muscle strength

you can also get an MRI scan of your lumbar sacral spine to check for your nerves in your lumbar and sacral spine to see if there is compression on nerves there which can affect how your bladder functions.

if you have severe arthritis or spinal stenosis or pressure on nerves in your lumbar sacral spine, this can take away bladder function and contro

have you had an MRI scan of your lumbar sacral spine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How long can I continue consulting you in this one time fees.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
as long as you need to

but once you are done, I would appreciate that you leave positive feedback below one of my responses so I can get credit for helping you today.
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician