Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hey there, Recently I had a encounter with a transsexual

Customer Question

Hey there,

Recently I had a sexual encounter with a transsexual woman, and would like some idea as to how likely it is that I may have acquired an STD or (God forbid) HIV.
It is also pertinent to state that after we had finished, she mentioned she was a prostitute, although no money was exchanged (I guess she liked me?)

We were round her place, and she took my trousers off and had a few gropes of my penis. She kissed me once, then put a condom on me and gave me a blowjob for around 10 minutes. Then she put a condom on her penis and I gave her oral for about 5 minutes. Then, I sat on her legs and we both removed our own condoms. we masturbated ourselves for another minute or so before she ejaculated on her stomach, followed shortly by me doing the same thing.
Now I don't believe I ever touched her semen, however the only time I think it may be possible was just after she ejaculated and just before I did. She moved her penis towards mine but I remember backing off a little, so as not to touch. However, I can't say for certain we didn't touch tips, and so may (unlikely) have got a small amount of her semen on the glans of my penis.

After I'd finished, I climbed off and cleaned myself up with a tissue. I then put on my clothes, we shared another kiss, and I left.

Some other important factors - I had an ulcer just below my tongue during this encounter. Although we were using condoms, does this matter? I also had been recovering from genital warts, and I had one hidden in the opening of my urethra. Would this make a difference as to likelihood of obtaining an STD?

I've been as detailed as I can. From all that information, do I need to go and get tested? Is it safe to have sex with my new girlfriend?

Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question.

Given the detail and the encounter I would say that any transmission is highly unlikely.

I do think you should be tested just to be safe but there is basically 99.999% chance there was no transmission
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your speedy response.

you're welcome James

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr. Phil,

Just a quick follow up question if that's OK. Just this morning I have woken up with what looks like 2 new ulcers on the inside if my lip. The lower one looks a little bloody under one side and isn't as perforated as the other. Now this could be just because I've been having a few late nights as I've been working hard, however could this be primary Syphilis? It's been just over 2 weeks since my contact.

Not likely James.

the chancre in syphilis is on the penis