Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have returned from hospital after a full hip

Customer Question

I have returned from hospital after a full hip replacement.The operation has caused a problem with my bladder function and a catheter has been inserted for three months when the catheter will be removed and the function of the bladder tested to see if it has returned to normal.It is causing me a lot of pain and discomfort and is dominating my life.When urinating most urine comes out of the source and not the flip flow.Why is this and what can you suggest to alievate the condition?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--just to be clear here--are you saying that your urine is coming out around the catheter instead of through it? And have you discussed this with your doctor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When urinating most of the urine comes out of the source and not the flip flow

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry Bryan but I'm still not clear here--what do you mean by the source?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As previously stated I got confused with the procedure due to limited skill with the computer.My problem has been solved,I hope,by the district nurse who changed the catheter and fitted a leg bag in lieu of the flip flow.Under the circumstances I hope you will refund the £22 fee I paid with visa card .Many Thanks Mr R.B.XXXXXX