Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Ive always been pretty fit, regularly running and competing

I've always been pretty fit, regularly running and competing in 10k adventure races, over the last 12 months I have struggled to run 10k and continually feel tired and never feel fully rested. I'm no saint I do drink, but only a Friday / Saturday night, I do have fairly good diet but again I do have indulgences. I'm about 5'8" weigh 11 1/2 stone and aged 49. What can I do to stop feeling so tired and get back to some type of recreational running
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--have you seen a doctor about this and had some tests done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had some test done by the practice nurse, blood pressure, sugar levels, heart rate, bmi, etc and was told everything was in order, but haven't had anything else done
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mike. So besides the sugar level you weren't checked for thyroid function, cortisol levels, or anemia?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Well the possible problems here would be low thyroid, low cortisol levels, anemia, and possibly a vitamin B12 or D deficiency even if you take vitamins. You need to revisit the doctor's office and have blood work to check for all of those.