Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

we heard yesterday that our daughter has 2 resits in 4th year

we heard yesterday that our daughter has 2 resits in 4th year dentistry. my husband couldn't handle the news, as he can't on many occasions such as this. He took his upset out on me by going psychotic, mimicking what I said, being extreme and loud, losing complete control, scaring me. I think and have thought for along time that he needs psychiatric help, as these reactions are becoming more frequent?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Dr. Phil, MD :

please enter chat

Dr. Phil, MD :

hi I'm Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil, MD :

Can I ask your first name?

Customer:

Daire

Dr. Phil, MD :

HI Daire

Dr. Phil, MD :

nice to meet you

Dr. Phil, MD :

can you give me some more examples of his behavior?

Customer:

He has a terrible temper just with me and take all his stresses out on me. He is a different person with work colleagues and the children. I cn never guage his mood. His self control with me is on the decrease. He suffers from OCD. When he drinks his temper gets worse. He is under stress all the time. He works all the time has no social life and resents that I have friends and family to have a laugh with. He never laughs with me. I sometimes think he hates me.He takes tablets to help him sleep and he is on a depression tablet thats not working. He wants to know what I am doing on a Saturday when he is up from 6 and has xy and z done and I am just at my breakfast.

Dr. Phil, MD :

Yes it seems he has depression and anxiety that is severe

Customer:

So what do I do to help him?

Dr. Phil, MD :

He is on medicine for depression

Dr. Phil, MD :

will he see a psychiatrist and a counselor?

Dr. Phil, MD :

he needs both

Customer:

Yes

Dr. Phil, MD :

are they helping?

Customer:

Yes 50mg setraline

Dr. Phil, MD :

Customer:

No the tablets are not helping. He refuses to believe he needs help...he says I need to change, work with him, change my approach. I try to support him but I never do anything right. I am walking on eggshells so he won't shout at me. Im sitting here now scared he will wake up and come down and see what I am doing and go off on one.

Dr. Phil, MD :

That is terrible

Dr. Phil, MD :

I'm sorry you have to live like that

Dr. Phil, MD :

I would give him an ultimatum

Dr. Phil, MD :

see a psychiatrist and a counselor WITH you

Dr. Phil, MD :

or you cannot be with him

Customer:

I'm so scared he will do something .....he has mentioned suicide on many occasions but fears for the children and what that wd do to them. Sometimes on drink I think he could do it and never mind the consequences and me leaving might be the trigger

Dr. Phil, MD :

well you have to do something

Dr. Phil, MD :

I suggest you tell him that you need to get counseling with him because you can't live like this anymore

Customer:

Thanks for your help Dr Phil

Dr. Phil, MD :

you're welcome

Dr. Phil, MD :

would you mind rating me positive before leaving?

Dr. Phil, MD :

Daire?

Dr. Phil, MD :

could you click a positive face for me?

I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.