Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

About 10 years ago, I was learning to become a professinal

About 10 years ago, I was learning to become a professinal car paint sprayer. One day I was painting a particular item and becasue if its shape, alot of the blast was forced back towards me and hit me in the face. I wasnt wearing a mask. My eyes breifly stung, so I quickly washed them out and thought nothing else of it. A couple of days later, I noticed strange shadows/images passing accross my vision everytime i moved my eyes. I was concerened I got some paint in my eyes. I went to the optician and they said my eyes were fine. If I look carefully, I can see an oily film move accross my eye when I move it or blink. I have now lived with this for over a decade and i want to see if there is anything that can be done!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--when exactly was the last time you had your eyes/vision checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Was about this time last year. I wear VDU glasses for work

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Nathan--is this a completely smooth film you see or are there small dots or fluffy spots?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I look into a bright light, I can focus on the images. They look like long worms connected by dots. These are not Floaters like my optician tried to say they were.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--just one more question--did your optician do a retina check and a glaucoma check?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was a full check up, so I think so.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Nathan. This sounds like a problem with your tears and the moisture that bathes your eyeball. For now you can try lubricating over the counter natural tears eyedrops, but I would have you seen by an ophthalmologist--an MD eye specialist--to further investigate the problem