Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

keep getting dull aching pain in my tummy area. this comes

keep getting dull aching pain in my tummy area. this comes and goes infreqeunt. have seen my doctor who thought i might have gut infection.had ultra-sound test at hospital for hernia,nothing found !! but saw consultant who confirmed no hernia,but told me i had a muscle seperation in chest(diastasis-recti). he informed me that i do-not-require any surgery.i am a type-2 diabetic and also suffer from acid-reflux,and take medication for it.not getting really any further with my own doctor. please help !! !!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me more about the pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is currently a dull-aching pain approx 2inches from my belly-button on my left hand side,the pain comes and goes.today is the first time that i have had any discomfort for a couple of weeks. my stomach looks and feels bloated and tender.i am an electrical engineer in a hospital in the uk and i am very busy and active with my job which includes lifting and climbing steps etc.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Any problem with heartburn or indigestion Neil?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no,i have no symptons at all. i have recently been prescribed omeprazole-20mg,i also take metformin 850x3 per day,simvastatin 20mg per day,losartan 100mgx1 per day,allopurinol 300mg per day,gabapentin 300mg per day.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Neil. This could be a peptic ulcer problem or perhaps irritable bowel syndrome. It could also be an H pylori infection of your stomach and I would screen your for that since it's easily treated with two antibiotics. I would consider both upper and lower endoscopy also.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank-you for your advice,i am seeing my doctor on monday 14th july in uk.
is there any medication that i can take to ease symptons?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
For now you could add antacids to the omeprazole Neil and abstain from fried, fatty, and spicy foods. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you