Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Good Afternoon,I have just come back from Hungary (holiday),

Good Afternoon, I have just come back from Hungary (holiday), where I visited my dentist who sent me to a Paradontology, soon she found out that I have periodontal disease and as it is not too "serious" yet they recommended me to have bone grafting surgery. I am just looking to get information how much this would cost me in the UK. I have been living here only for 4 months, I work but I only pay NI as my wage is low. I am considering where I can get these 4 surgeries done cheaper. It is not only about the price, it seems a pretty serious surgery and if I get an "acceptable price" I wouldn't be traveling between the two countries. I was told to wash my teeth with extra care, floss and mouth wash. They can't get it started as long as my gum is immflaminated. I am aware I have o stop smoking or drinking alcohol, not a problem. How can I get myself get ready? I was also told that my immune system is weak, can be a reason. What do I drink (tea?) or how can I get ready to the surgery? How do I wash teeth properly? Is it possible that my period is mixed up because of this or the reason i am being little dizzy? Before planning baby, I have to get this operation done surely? I also need to pulled one of my wisdom teeth pulled out!
Kind Regards Szilvia

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. DAvid

Dr. David :

the best way to get ready for surgery is to stop smoking and to stop drinking

Dr. David :

and to improve your diet and eat more fruits and vegetables and drink more water.

Dr. David :

how much do you smoke and drink alcohol a day?

Dr. David :

drinking tea alone is not enough to improve your immune system

Dr. David :

you should be brushing with a fluoride toothpaste 3 times a day after meals and before bedtime

Dr. David :

and you should floss your teeth once or twice a day as well

Dr. David :

and use a fluoride mouthwash once a day, either in the morning or before bedtime.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions.

Customer:

I am not a srong smoker, I used to smoke 5-6 a day, I stopped now for 3 months and just picked up again for holiday. I can stop doing it any time. For drinking is different, especially the last 2,5 years. Basically every day more-less (I work in a bar too). I can say no to this for sure. I eat lots of veg and fruit and drink water too.
Am I covered to get surgery done in UK for free or do I have to pay for it?

Dr. David :

most likely you will have to pay for the dental surgeries.

Dr. David :

you saw a dentist in the uk already, correct?

Customer:

Nope, i havent.

Customer:

I always get a check out when I visit to Hungary

Dr. David :

I see.

Dr. David :

then see a dentist in the uk and see how much it is there

Dr. David :

and compare the prices.

Customer:

I never had any problem before, just had to clean them.

Customer:

I see.

Dr. David :

long term drinking can decrease your immune system.

Dr. David :

and damage your blood vessels and ruin your teeth as well.

Customer:

If I get this bone grafting and continiue a healthy non-drinking, non-smoking lifestyle can stop this happen again?

Customer:

After all these are done, from today, when could I start planning family?

Dr. David :

your teeth and gums should be fixed if you have the surgery and stop drinking and smoking.

Dr. David :

you can start family planning right after your surgery and when you stop drinking and smoking.

Dr. David :

best of luck to you

Dr. David :

let me know if you have any other questions.

Dr. David :

if done, please leave positive feedback below the chat box.

Customer:

thank you very much indeed.

Dr. David :

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Dr. David :

is my website if you need to reach me again.

Dr. David :

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

Dr. David :

do you see the ratings area below?

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician