Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Hi I am wonder what the condition is called when have an

Customer Question

I am wonder what the condition is called when have an image of a person in a corner of your mind continuously and that same image comes up whenever you try to recall a person in a close relationship? Is it some kind of affective disorder?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. This could be a sign of a narcissistic personality disorder or perhaps a schizoaffective personality disorder but I don't have enough information here to be certain. I would suggest you see a psychologist for a full interview and battery of cognitive tests to see what the problem is and then to get appropriate therapy for it like cognitive behavioral therapy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr Chip

Could you tell me what you base your diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder or perhaps a schizoaffective personality disorder on? It is a bit shocking to hear this...

Best regards

Anette

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I see that the other expert has opted out

I disagree with his diagnosis.

I think it could be something very simple going on

you are associating something about your husband with your father.

that is why you are seeing your father's image when you think about or see your husband.

these issues are best explored and treated with a psychotherapist or a psychologist in talk therapy sessions to explore your past and to explore your relationship with your father.

are you willing to see a counselor or a psychologist to talk about these issues?