Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had a loop ileostomy about five months months ago. and

I have had a loop ileostomy about five months months ago. and in august it is going to be reversed. before that I had a colostomy. I thought that I had the loop ileostomy to make the reversal easier. Does that mean in fact that my colon is joined up and healed and that the ileostomy just has to be closed and stitched up.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Before I answer, I would like to know that why your ileostomy was done? What medical problem you were having? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had it done because the surgeon couldn't reverse the colostomy that i had done. He decided during surgery to perform the loop ileostomy.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Joseph thanks a lot for you input. I am sorry to hear about your illness. I will try to explain the procedure to you and after that you can ask anything you want. Loop ileostomy was just performed to give way to the stool because colon was supposed to be given rest to ensure its healing. So your assumption is right that your colon is joined up and healed and that the ileostomy just has to be closed and stitched up and after this procedure is done successfully, you will be back to a normal life and I wish you good luck for that. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.