Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

16 years ago I had a band put around my bladder to stop leakage.

Customer Question

16 years ago I had a band put around my bladder to stop leakage. But I have started to leak again about a year ago and it is getting worse. Can it be repaired
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--yes it can be repaired with a second operation but you have to get an evaluation of your bladder function and an MRI of the pelvis first to fully determine the problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your answer, I am 67 years old so would that be a problem in having the operation again. I do hope not as I have a very active life.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure but what do you mean by a problem?