Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Hi, My Name is***** am 36 years old and I have been

Customer Question

My Name is***** am 36 years old and I have been living in Scotland for the last 9 years. I am single and I always wanted to be a mum but for circumstances I could not find the right person and recently I start thinking of having a child on my own, my questions is if could be possible for to be a candidate for a artificial insemination through the NHS.
Nuria
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. : Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.
Dr. K. : Here are the criteria for eligibility. 1 you are unable (or would find it very difficult) to have vaginal intercourse, for example because of a physical disability2. you have a condition (such as a viral infection that can be sexually transmitted) that means you need specific help to conceiveyou are in a same-sex relationship
Dr. K. : You might qualify under these criteria. No relationship may be considered. As an inability to conceive
Dr. K. : Not all trusts offer services to single women. About 1/4 do. North Bristol is one that does. It may be far from you
Customer :

Customer :

Thank you for your answer, I will keep researching and maybe go and ask myself. I know that could do it in Spain but I just wanted to know how difficult will be to get it here, since I am living here.

Customer :

Thank you anyway

Dr. K. : Why did you rate poor service? I did answer your question
Customer :

Hi, Sorry about the rate the intention was to do a ok, I may got the wrong one. Anyway, Maybe I was expecting something more precise but I understand that the question was quite generic. Thank you for your answer