Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Ct scans

What kind of things do they use them for?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Can you please clarify your question in detail? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What conditions are ct scans best for and where would ultrasounds be better? EG. Pancreatic conditions, bones/ tumours, muscles etc.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. There are two modalities basically. CT scan and MRI. The answer is very simple. CT scan is best for bones and MRI is best for soft tissue. In routine CT scan is ordered for pancreatic conditions and other abdominal problems and if that clear nothing further is required. If CT Scan shows some abnormality in soft tissues and doctor wants to assess accurately about extension of the lesion in adjacent soft tissues, he orders MRI. Ultrasound is not the best investigation and it is inferior to both CT scan and MRI. I hope this helps you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.