Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I have recently been asked to go back in for a CT and other

I have recently been asked to go back in for a CT and other chest scans. The letter from heart doctor to GP states that chest scan shows evidence of widespread obstructive airways disease and bronchitis.
What does this mean? Best and worst case please. I cant seem to find an answer anywhere aside from links to COPD and other things of this nature. Would just like to understand what to expect.
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question.
Why this CT was done ? Do you have any previous medical issues ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I was having heart related tests - The CT is the next step and has Not yet been done.

I had an echo which was within normal limits Left ventricular wall dimensions were top end of normal and ejection fraction 50 -55%.

It was the chest xray that uncovered evidence of bronchitis and widespread obstructive airways disease.

Now i am being asked to go in for a CT. What I am trying to understand is how serious this could be or not. A best and worse case.

Thank you for your reply,
If x rays have picked widespread obstructive airways disease and bronchitis then it means that this problem is severe and is due to long standing COPD or emphysema.CT is more sensitive and is likely to show more details.
Let me know if you need more details. THanks.
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 2 years ago.
Hello Kemal..

I can continue to help you on this topic. This will cost nothing extra if you are interested. I have booked an appointment after 2 weeks to see if you have done CT scan and if yes then we can discuss the findings in more detail. Thank you.