Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

i an hoping that you may be able to help me, i have been suffering

i an hoping that you may be able to help me, i have been suffering with fybromyalgia for quite a few years, i am 55 and as my doctor says, I do not seem to be getting any better, we were about to try me on prgablin, but because of the weight gain that seems very common, we do not feel this is going to help me as I am only 5ft tall, and have put on 12 ponds using a drug called pramiprexole, which has not heled with my fybomyalgia, but i am now 10 pounds heavier.
i am going back to my dr at the end of this week and i am looking at taking savella, under the brand name ixel as told that savella has not yet been licensed in brigton as yet, would you kindly advice me please as in alot of body pain
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

there are other options as well including cymbalta

Dr. David :

and savella (milnacipran) which can help fibromyalgia.

Customer:

can i get savella- or brand name ixel from my gp in enland, as when i have been reading some of the site they say its not licesened in brighto.

Customer:

i do not wish to try cymbalta because alot of forum readers are very unhappy with the weight gain

Dr. David :

many patients don't have weight gain with cymbalta or lyrica.

Dr. David :

the ones who have weight gain are often are the ones who complain online.

Dr. David :

getting a sample from patients who complain online is not a good way to make a choice for medication.

Dr. David :

if you don't try one of these medicaitons you will continue to have pain from your fibromyalgia.

Customer:

yes i realize this , but can i get a prescrption got savella-ixel from my local gp

Dr. David :

you can try to ask your doctor for this prescription.

Dr. David :

they may or may not prescribe it.

Customer:

yes i do realize that and i am in an awful lot of pain, but really want to try savella-milacipram-brand name ixel , is that avalaiblr from my local gp

Dr. David :

it should be availible in the UK. but your GP may way to try less expensive medication.

Customer:

well she was prepared to start me onpregalin, which is known to be a very expesive medication.

Dr. David :

I see.

Dr. David :

well, hopefully they will prescribe you savella

Customer:

as long as i know that savella-ixel is avsilable it give me hop

Dr. David :

hope is a good thing.

Dr. David :

when can you see your GP about this?

Customer:

thursday, she has been waiting for me to get back to her, as when she had a quick look whilst ring me a bout the pregablin, and i changing my mind, she need the generic name-milacipram

Dr. David :

I see.

Dr. David :

well, you have it now.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions

Dr. David :

if done, please leave positive feedback below

Dr. David :

thanks

Customer:

i will and thankyou

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswer.com