Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My daughter has developed quite a few lymph glands in her neck

Customer Question

My daughter has developed quite a few lymph glands in her neck on her thyroid gland and groin, but has also had extremely painful knees and swollen feet, where she could not walk and are very painful. Is there any connection and what is the diagnosis, as doctors are just giving her anti inflammatory tablets and have not connected the two?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me if she's had any tests or studies to evaluate this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Eliminated that there are no clots in her legs and ct scan but something is definitely not right as her knees/ legs feel her tendons are tearing although her feet are not as swollen
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Ruth but what about blood work and a scan of her thyroid and abdomen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bloods taken again. No abdominal tests and no check on the lymph nodes (13mm) on her thyroid. She has really painful knees and legs and bruising around her ankles. Lethargic. Doctors at the hospital told her it was soft tissue damage which is rubbish and doctors at the hospital where she was seen about her lymph nodes have discharged her even though another has appeared in her groin making a total of 6. Your advise would be greatly appreciated
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Ruth. This sounds like an autoimmune disorder called Hashimoto's thyroiditis and she may also have a low thyroid function. She needs an ultrasound of the thyroid and a full thyroid function panel and it sounds to me as though she needs thyroid supplementation medication
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much for your advice. I will speak to Ruth and arrange another doctors appointment. Many thanks sylvia
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure Ruth but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you