Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

comes out in drips in toilet for ages,been to G P says

urine comes out in drips in toilet for ages,been to G P says no prolapse gave me Vesicare but I do not think they will solve urine coming out in fast drips
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--how old are you and are you saying that you have an incontinence problem--you leak urine when not on the toilet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

75 years do not leak problem is the flow is in drips but bladder empties

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Gina. You should ask your doctor about a medication called bethanechol which is a more appropriate medication than Vesicare for your particular problem. Vesicare is for an overactive bladder and it sounds as though your problem is just the opposite--a sluggish bladder