DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

With hypertension, i am on enalpril and sitagliptin and amlodinpine

Customer Question

With hypertension, i am on enalpril and sitagliptin and amlodinpine can i safetly use a natural herbs viagra called Blue Zeus - if I need too? I also have diabetes. The ingrediants are 100% herbal ingredients GINKO EXTRACT, GUARANA EXTRACT, GINSENG, DAMIANA, MACA and CONTAINS CAFFEINE. what should I use?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
There is no way to predict the interactions.
In fact, there is no good research on the reaction of this herbal combination and how these herbs react together, much less with the medications.
That said, the most likely interaction is to render your high blood pressure treatment less effective, and also possible to affect your blood sugar control.
So, first discuss this with your doctor...if he will monitor your taking this, then ..the answer is maybe you can.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doctor many thanks, ***** ***** a clinically approved medication? The practice nurse asked some months back if I needed anything?

I guess, being positive is best way forward, I dont smoke and only drink little amount of acolhol.

Would the use of it once i.e. this coming weekend be problematic, as I cant see my doctor till next week.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Viagra, cialis , or levitra are the clinically approved medicines.
They have to be used with caution because they can further lower your blood pressure....so the doctor must assess this.
I can no recommend you use this without talking to your doctor, and it is unlikely to have any effect with a single use.
Or even with multiple doses.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Dr Thomas, if me and my partner use mates skyn condems they are latex free. Would Johnson Baby Oil adversly affect them? I understand it does with latex condoms.

I would plan to massage her with the baby oil prior to that intimacy. Or should i clear the oil with with baby wipes?

Chris

NB the above never herbal things never came so I'll be able to see my doctor hopefully next week.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
HI
Remember to find me by request on new questions, or you might not be able to do a positive rating [and I don't get paid].

In fact, it is better to use KY products. They are designed for this purpose, they are not oil, and they will not hurt any condom.

OK, so that is an initial answer….