Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been taking malaria tablets been to Punta canawhile

Customer Question

I have been taking malaria tablets been to Punta canawhile I was abroad I had stomach upset and diarrhoea vomited then it passed after three days then I had water infection and saw doctor.
Then week after that cleared I had a cold and cough now that has stopped I have got pickling skin invent arm in one area and itchy. I have noticed some small bugs on me now and again can you advise please
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--if there's a rash in that area can you describe it for me? What do the bugs look like?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The area of skin is red only when I scratch can not see any swelling or anything UN toward

Some times seen very small black thin like a black line bug I have had itches all over body but no rash and only pick sensation on my arm

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK This sounds like scabies and it's easily treated with permethrin cream. You need to see a doctor for an evaluation and a prescription for that