Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

My nose lining inside has become very hard may be because of

Customer Question

My nose lining inside has become very hard may be because of my picking the nose therefore has become very stuffy please advice
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Since how long you have this stuffy nose?
Is there running of nose?
Do you have cold/flu symptoms-sore throat,cough?

I am waiting for your reply.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No runny nose and i have no cold/flu, sore throat or cough

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The hard nose lining you are having is suggestive of due to a condition called allergic rhinitis.It is caused by an over-sensitive immune response.Allergy symptoms occurs when the immune system reacts to substances (allergens) that are generally harmless and in most people do not cause an immune response.

Another possibility is of sinusitis.The sinuses become congested and can become infected, a condition called sinusitis.

Following will help you greatly:

-Neti pot will help you greatly .It is done for nasal irrigation & to clear away crusting in the nasal passages.

-Keeping a humidifier running in your room.

-Use an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day.It will provide dramatic relief.

-Afrin is a brand of nasal spray used to ease nasal congestion & stuffy nose that is available over-the-counter.The generic name for this medication is Oxymetazoline hydrochloride.

All these are available as over the counter(OTC) without prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this the symptoms persists,then you need to consult your doctor for examination.But in general,usually & most likely this above described treatment helps greatly to cure these symptoms.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert