Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

stomach cramps and diaohria three days but easing on

stomach cramps and chronic diaohria three days but easing on the fourth day cant eat having cold sweats and feeling sick now i think it was maybe an allergy to almonds would like to know if thats possible and how can i start to introduce food as i am afraid it will start to get severe again
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:
The symptoms you were having can be due to a condition called gastroenteritis what you call as stomach flu.
Gastroenteritis is the irritation and inflammation of the digestive tract.Its most common causes are:Food poisoning, viral infections, food allergies, improper diet, and intestinal parasites or bacterial infections.
It does not seem to be due to allergy.
Don’t take solid diet.Let your stomach rest for few hours/days after food poisoning.Start with liquid diet.Gradually increase the amount of liquid.Try clear liquids such as flat ginger ale or white soda, broths, popsicles, or apple juice. These will provide an oral source of fluids that are easily absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract.
If clear liquids are tolerated, you can start to introduce solid foods.
Thin tomato soup is an excellent first step to eating again after food poisoning/diarrhea symptoms.
So bot***** *****ne is that you should start the diet only as described above to avoid any discomfort & cramps from stomach.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert