Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have been diagnosed with congestion of the chest muscles,

I have been diagnosed with congestion of the chest muscles, which is giving me excruciating pain mostly at night, thought I was having a heart attach Imam 61 male under stress?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Did your doctor say what was casing the congestion in the chest muscles?
Did your doctor say that there was inflammation causing swelling in the chest muscles?
Was any medicines prescribed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes it was due to inflammation o
In the chest muscles, and a tablet was given but no explanation why?
Thank you for the clarification.

It is frequently not clear why inflammation of the chest occurs, which is why your doctor could not say in the discussion of your problem. Usually, it appears to be a wear and tear type of issue, rather than a sign of a more severe musculoskeletal inflammatory condition, such as rheumatoid or lupus, but why it occurs in one person and not another is not clear.

It is clear, though, that musculoskeletal inflammation is one of the most common causes of chest pain that is found t not be due to heart disease. The other major source of chest pain is from the GI tract, such as from acid reflux or oesophageal spasm.

The usual approach when it is found that musculoskeletal inflammation is the cause of chest pain is to use a medicine to relieve that inflammation, which should then relieve the pain and swelling. As long as the symptoms improve with this medicine, there is usually no other evaluation or intervention that is needed.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What is Lupus?
Lupus is an autoimmune disorder that can present with a variety of symptoms, including musculoskeletal inflammation, but as noted above, the musculoskeletal inflammation of the chest is typically a wear and tear type of inflammation and not a sign of a more severe inflammatory condition. So, there is no reason for you to be concerned about lupus.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank You, ***** ***** to say my brother also has Gout which occurs frequently
Musculoskeletal inflammation of the chest is also typically not from gout. In theory, gout can affect anywhere in the musculoskeletal system, but it is very unusual for it to cause chest wall inflammation.