Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

over the last 2 days I have had some slight twinges/ light

over the last 2 days I have had some slight twinges/ light pain (sharp twinges) in the lower belly top of the genital area too.. is this serious? Iv just finished my menstrual cycle.. Iv light pain today simillar to period pain
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This does not seem like anything serious.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If these twinges have been reducing in intensity over the last two days I would not worry at all.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If however they increase in intensity then and do not go away over the next few days I would recommend that you be seen.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that this is just related to the hormonal disturbances that happen around the time of periods.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would also recommend that you should take vitamin B12 supplements for two to four weeks.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have more questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Rate me for my services when you are done asking.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest Regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Rate me for my services when you are done.
Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you its very hard to explain.. irs not major pain were I can not carry out normal activities..but like period pain feeling..then a few twinges just above the genital area..occassional pain in the lower abdomen..strange? ?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
I understand that its seems a little strange but not something that I would worry about too much at all.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please do rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below as that is the only way I am credited here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you so much for your help today... I was fearing the worst.. alsorts like some form of cancer or something... :/

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just to put my mind at ease before I do the rating, is there any chance of this being something more serious ? do my symptoms cause a concern I mean?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
No chance of it being anything serious at all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it's just having a period pain feeling after my menstrual cycle has finished is just not normal for me,just feeling rather concerned,

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
I understand your concerns but this is not something to worry about or anything serious.
Please rate me before we proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im still having these light aches on day 4.. but it stoped for the majority of yesterday just today had light pain.. I will pursue an ultrasound but do you think only going off my symptoms that this will ease off in time?