DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I was told I was anaemic and needed injections as the oxegen

I was told I was anaemic and needed injections as the oxegen wasn't going round my blood leaving me with severe pain in my hip leg knee and foot all the right side, but also it's like something walking over my scalp , now after another blood test am told it's normal it doesn't make sence to me I was to get injections to solve this problem since March after getting out hospital I had pho mono and needed lungs drained , I've been on diazepam , dyhidracodine , sleeping pills, amitriptline for many years now I've been taken off them just stopped! Am I having a bad time coming off them all , I've stopped smoking 6 mths now and I've lost 5 close family and my 34 yrs old son on his birthday . I need to get help but don't know what to ask for .
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
This sounds like severe iron deficiency
Was that it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is what I was told and was going to start me on injections but a blood test came back normal so now nothing , I don't understand
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
That you need to ask about.
We can not second guess your doctors.
It is possible the injections you had corrected the iron levels.
That would be logical.
I would ask your doctor, and if you don't have a good explanation, and if you are still anemic, see a hematologist.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've not had any iron injections yet, they were going to start them but test came bk normal so I've not been giving anything. You can't go from severely annimi one week to anaemic the next starting with injections then pills and now getting nothing at all. I'm in lot of pain and it effects my breathing
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Lab error is another possibility.

If you had pills, this might correct it.

I would make sure you are working with an internal medicine doctor and following all possibilities.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is it worthwhile me buying iron tablets would they help
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You need to see what your iron and ferritin levels are.
Ferritin has a wide range..if on the low end, maybe so.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Any time.
Find me by request as needed.