Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

since more than one year i feel espacially when i am nervous

since more than one year i feel espacially when i am nervous or stress ; i feel one of my muscles.shivering for more than few hours and that can disappears for several days but back for one day and disappears.every time one muscle shake .some times biceps some times triceps.sartorius.trapezius.gastrocnemius..but not all the muscle i feel that just for a part of the muscle like a group of fibres .i don t s;oke but i am stressed this periode what can i do .
thank you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--if you haven't seen a doctor as yet for this you need to. While this could just be an anxiety problem that can't be considered until the physical possibilities are checked for and ruled out. You need the following--a thyroid function panel, cortisol levels, magnesium levels, vitamin D levels, and also an MRI of the spine and brain and perhaps EMG's and nerve conduction studies. I can't tell you exactly what the problem is but besides low levels of those tests, this could be a sign of multiple sclerosis or ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but the volume of muscle is regular and i have no problem in talking walking or any activities i am dentiste and this problem disapears and just return when not good sleeping or stress

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK and that's good but that doesn't rule out any of the possibilities I gave you. It could well just be anxiety but as I said we can only decide that when other possible causes have been ruled out
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is ok. i am in coventry uk and i am for visiting can you send me for a doctor here to make physical examination

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I can't refer you to a doctor myself but you can start with an internist or a family practice MD to get the testing done.