Ask a Doctor and Get an Answer to Your Medical Question ASAP
Hi there, This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Too much work and stress can cause fatigue and exhaustion.
However, there can be other medical possibilities:
1. viral infection like mononucleosis ( Epstein Barr virus) can cause extreme tiredness lasting weeks.
2. Hypothyroidism--low thyroid hormones can cause tiredness, weight gain, irregular periods.
3. Anemia --iron deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency can cause tiredness as well.
4. vitamin D deficiency
5. Liver disease --viral hepatitis or other causes can affect your liver.
6. Autoimmune disorders like lupus --but usually joint pains, skin rash and other symptoms also will be present.
Also a healthy diet rich in antioxidants will boost your energy level.
Please eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables, especially dark green leafy vegetables and orange, yellow, purple and red colored fruits and vegetables. They have natural antiseptic and anticancer properties. Tomatoes, Beetroots and broccolis are very good for liver and also offer protection against cancer.
Get checked for other causes as above after discussing with your GP.
Yes that can cause this --viral infection likely as I mentioned above.
Yes i will advise blood tests given the persistence of symptoms.
It was my pleasure to help you today. I am Dr Basu experienced in Metabolic Diseases.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions! This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/