Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am have problems with maintaining any routine in my life

Customer Question

I am have problems with maintaining any routine in my life and am struggling mentally because of it. I only function when i have clarity of mind. If an issue arises , i will deal with it logically in my mind and adjust my plans; there by giving myself clear sight. I am not emotional by any means and in doing what I have been, I have been able to live a content life. The difficulty now is that i have a lot of issues to contend with and adjusting my plans continuously is taking its toll and highlighting the fact that i don't function the same as most. I have kids and a partner. My partner who is emotional, can't understand the way i deal with problems and why i show no emotion. My head is scrambled to the point i don't eat well and spend a lot of time in a coma like state computing my next move. I feel like i'm malfunctioning.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

I am sorry you are having these issues.

Dr. David :

it can be hard to show emotion

Dr. David :

it can be hard to change your schedule and be flexible.

Dr. David :

it sounds like you should be talking to a doctor or a therapist about these issues to get the most benefit

Dr. David :

would you be willing to talk to a doctor or a therapist to get a better handle on your issues and to work towards improvement?

Dr. David :

hello?

Customer:

Its not that i have trouble showing emotion , its that i don't have the emotion that i should. Frustration is about the only thing i can muster. It's not a case of not being able to be flexible, not like having more than a few things to do, although that is the case ; its not where the issues are coming from. Sorry. this may not of been the place to come . Very difficult to put in to words

Dr. David :

I see.

Dr. David :

it might be easier for you to talk to a therapist face to face

Dr. David :

rather than type in your symptoms.

Dr. David :

are you willing to see a therapist?

Customer:

maybe

Customer:

maybe at some point. my partner is at work currently . i thought maybe i could get some assistance with out her being involved, difficult to explain to her or anyone with out sensing some sort of amusement or confusion from them

Dr. David :

therapist are professional listeners.

Dr. David :

they study the mind and psychology and take all patients seriously.

Dr. David :

so there will be no amusement.

Customer:

do i organise this via my local gp?

Dr. David :

yes, your GP can refer you to talk to a therapist.

Dr. David :

just ask your GP.

Customer:

thank you, ***** ***** contact them soon

Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

best of luck to you

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

if done for now, please leave positive feedback below

Dr. David :

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

Dr. David :

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Dr. David :

is my webpage if you need to reach me again.

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Dr. David :

do you see the ratings area below?

Customer:

I do , however without trying to offend. Im not sure if i have had an answer - I thought from asking a question in mental health section that i would have some sort suggestion. Apart from "you should be talking to a doctor or therapist" . This obviously is is good advise and appreciated; but, It is what i thought i was doing . sorry

Dr. David :

well, I will need more of your symptoms from you to help suggest a condition or issue.

Dr. David :

you are having difficulty expressing your symptoms.

Dr. David :

you told me that you struggle mentally.

Dr. David :

that you have a lot of frustration.

Dr. David :

have difficulty with clarity of mind.

Dr. David :

have a hard time adjusting your mind when plans change.

Dr. David :

you don't function like most people.

Dr. David :

hello?

Customer:

sorry for my rating.. . it is the the service and not yourself i am rating

Dr. David :

no, you are rating me

Dr. David :

I get negative ratings left on my record.

Dr. David :

what questions do you have?

Customer:

ok.. What is it if i can only look at things logically with no emotion attached . does this make me just a bad person?

Dr. David :

no, that does not make you a bad person.

Dr. David :

but every person has both logic and emotion.

Dr. David :

you do have emotion inside.

Dr. David :

but it can be hard for some people to express their feelings and emotion.

Dr. David :

frustration is an emotion.

Dr. David :

anger is an emotion.

Customer:

i know this is what confuses me . I love my kids and partner but if something bad happens i would be scared that would be unable to have an emotional reaction. my partner comments on this and it offends her that i don't

Dr. David :

sounds like you would benefit from relationship counseling and both going to the therapist as well.

Dr. David :

women often are more in touch with their emotions and feelings much more than men.

Dr. David :

she needs to understand this as well.

Dr. David :

and that you do have emotions, but just because you don't show it doesn't mean you are a bad person.

Customer:

I have trouble learning from other peoples methods and prefer to retreat and teach my self in solitude, this is partly why i don't drive . there are many things in my life that i am realising more now that i am not able to do things the way that others do.

Customer:

This all worked well when i was on my own , its only now that it has been highlighted . i am struggling

Dr. David :

that is ok you don't do things like other people

Dr. David :

that is fine.

Dr. David :

but it sounds like a relationship issue between you and your partner as well.

Dr. David :

both of you would benefit from seeing a couples counselor.

Dr. David :

and talking about your relationship

Customer:

maybe , Im just finding it hard to live the way my mind allows me too whilst being with someone, which would mean its my fault . can't explain to her what i need for me to operate well with her taking it seriously. I thought maybe with something to call it would make it easier. Not sure there is a name for it now though, just that im weird i suppose

Dr. David :

it is not your fault.

Dr. David :

in a relationship, there is no one at fault

Dr. David :

there is only good communcation or lack of communication.

Dr. David :

and good times in the relationship or bad times.

Dr. David :

perhaps she might not be the right person for you if she does not understand your way of thinking

Dr. David :

or if you don't feel able to explain yourself to her.

Dr. David :

you need to explain to her how you feel

Dr. David :

if you don't explain it to her, she will never understand

Dr. David :

and this will put a wedge in the relationship

Dr. David :

and the relationship will suffer because of it.

Customer:

true, i will try . Thank you . do you still think its worth speaking to someone about my own issues?

Dr. David :

yes, it is worth speaking to a therapist.

Dr. David :

it might help you express your feelings better to yourself and to your partner.

Customer:

thank you. sorry for before ; i will leave good feed back .

Dr. David :

thanks

Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician