DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Nose sores, hoarse voice, shortness of breath, nose bloody,

Nose sores, hoarse voice, shortness of breath, nose bloody, fatigue, what could this be?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It really depends on
how long?
medical history?
fever or not?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have had these symptoms since 2011, worsened in 2012.

I also have a neuro-immune condition that was recently treated with plasma exchange and high dose steroids and my nose/throat/breathing/fatigue symptoms all improved too.

So I'm trying to figure out what the other thing going on is that affects my nose/throat. No fever.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It can all be from your neuro immune condition.
What condition is that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My neurologist didn't think the other symptoms were associated. I would rather not say as I don't want to put too much detail about myself on here. But I am pretty confident they are unrelated, the other autoimmune condition I have only affects the brain.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
That would not be correct, MS, lupus cerbritis, and other autoimmune conditions affect immunity.
This can be viral that you are experiencing from a lowered immune system.
Have you had the sores cultured for the lab?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I have you in the in box but no post
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would it be viral if I've been having the sores, hoarse voice, etc for 3 years? I haven't had the sores cultured, my doctor just gave me some cream to try but the only thing that has helped so far is the plasma exchange/steroids.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You can have acid reflux, which is perpetuating exactly these symptoms.
But the sores should still be cultures, this will show if it is chronic MRSA for example.
Sinus problems can also cause all of these symptoms, persistently, and if your doctor thinks that is it, then a CT of the sinuses should be done.
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.