Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

I have been feeling sick for about 2 weeks but being sick randomly

Customer Question

I have been feeling sick for about 2 weeks but being sick randomly my stomach has been bloated and iv had only a 2 day period cycle and im only 22 and im burning up
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Is your menstrual cycle bleeding for two days every month? Were any investigations done to see for the cause? Do you have pain in abdomen? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
iv never had any problems like this,this is the first time iv had a 2 day cycle ive just been feeling sick constantly its not normal for me
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
Ashlegh,
Are there any associated symptoms apart from bloating of stomach and 2 day bleeding - like fever/ abdominal pain/ vomiting?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
fever and vomiting and tiredness
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information.
Fever and tiredness indicates inflammation focus in your body. Vomiting and bloating of stomach indicates that there is abnormality at the stomach. The most common cause is infection {viral or H.pylorie}. This leads to all the symptoms you have. Generally the menstrual cycle gets disturbed {less number of bleeding days or delayed} when there is infection or inflammation in the body. Other causes like hormonal imbalance/ ovarian causes also can cause it BUT I would not think them as my first thought in presence of symptoms like fever and vomiting.
Next step - A physical evaluation along with few investigations like blood tests/ ultrasound of abdomen and upper GI scopy would give us more answers.
Till than - Have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ TUMS or a glass of cold milk helps sooth the stomach mucosa and thus reduce the severity of the symptoms. Paracetamol should help relieve pain.
Please do not worry you will be fine soon.
Do you have any specific query or fear which is making you anxious? If so let me know. I can explain it in detail too.
Good Luck
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
do you think i could be pregnant?
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
When did you had your last menstrual cycle? Did you have a unprotected sexual act recently?
Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
You seem offline.
I would suspect pregnancy if you would have missed your period and had an unprotected sexual act. Pregnancy would not cause fever and vomiting. However ectopic pregnancy needs to be ruled out if you had the unprotected act. Ectopic pregnancy is pregnancy outside the uterus. It may present with pelvic pain and vomiting. Fever is again not likely.
Ultrasound should rule it out. In nutshell - Pregnancy seems less likely.
Best