Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

I Am a 27 year old South Asian male who has been physically

Customer Question

I Am a 27 year old South Asian male who has been physically very weak most of his life (I can't even do simple press ups). I am 6ft2 and weigh 72 kg. I have recently started a night shift job involving stock replenishment and although the boxes are around 5-10 kg each I find that my joints and bones are hurting a lot. Every time I try to eat well or whatever I get full too quickly and feel sick. I'm estimating my daily intake to be about 2000 calories which is not enough. After the end of my shift I feel like I'm about to pass out. I really need the job but my body isn't keeping up when it should. I used to work in an admin role before so it is a new routine for me. My back is weak as well and I get back ache very quickly. Any advice on how to improve my daily intake and fitness? I want to stop feeling tired lazy and lethargic all the time. When I raise my arms even then I feel intense pain in my joints! Please help, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Were any investigations done to see for the cause?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No the GP keeps saying I'm fine and healthy ! It is quite annoying to be honest

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I do understand your anxiety.
Weakness at your age worries me. Various causes need to be looked for - anemia/ vitamin and mineral deficiency/ hormonal imbalance {thyroid to be specific}/ stress, anxiety or less quality sleep.
Few blood tests would give us more answers.
You may wish to show our discussion to your GP and I am sure he/she will order the needed tests.
Please do not worry, you will be fine.
Best