Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I went to my GP last Friday as I had a pink sore patch on the

Customer Question

I went to my GP last Friday as I had a pink sore patch on the top right side of my right breast. He said he would treat me for an infection but didn't examine me or anything. I was happy at the time because to be honest it feels like I had a spot or something inside. I could not feel a lump or see anything it was just the pain that it caused that made me think that.
I went back to dr today as I still have the pain which has spread. It is ok if I am still but as soon as I start moving and there is any pressure on my breast it hurts. It feels as though it is spreading under my arm now too. No redness and I still can't feel any lump.
Dr today asked if previous dr had examined me and I said no so he said he would but I said no because it would have meant getting a chaperone and I have lots of open wounds in my tummy from self harm. I didn't want anyone else seeing then. So he said he would give me some more antibiotics and some anti inflamatories.
He said ducts in the breast tissue can get blocked? How?
Is the infection caused by open wounds in my stomach?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

you can get mastitis if bacteria get into the breast through the blood system or nipple.

Dr. David :

chance of breast cancer would be small at your age but not zero.

Dr. David :

it is unfortunate that you did not let your doctor examine you.

Dr. David :

you are doing yourself a dis-service by not not allowing your doctor to examine your breast and skin there

Dr. David :

I can't examine you either.

Dr. David :

ducts in the breast sometimes can get blocked.

Dr. David :

warm compresses can help open up ducts in the breast.

Dr. David :

hello?