Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

feel small lump left groin when finger inserted in inguinal

Customer Question

feel small lump left groin when finger inserted in inguinal canal previously some years ago had left inguinal hernia repair and later, about five years ago, left testicle removed, orchidectomy, owing to testicle torsion. no cancer detected in removed tissue. I wonder if lump is remains of plastic mesh or spermatic cord stump repair, or whether something more serious. Have had Gp finger examination of area and prostate blood test and digital examination and Gp either cannot feel little lump or thinks it piece of plastic or scar tissue. I worry about prostate cancer or something similar. recent colonoscopy, following noticeable change to looser bowel movements, was normal. Iam told by GP that I now have a left side inguinal hernia, but I am more worried about the left side,hard lump lump, palpable, but not painful. Is it relic of either of two ops, above mentioned, or something to be worried about. Since six months ago, or more, I have also found it almost impossible to achieve a satisfactory erection, and i am thus depressed and anxious. I am 67 years old, retired, and single, but would like to be able to have sa
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

if you have had surgery in the area before, that small lump could very well be scar tissue from the surgery or a small benign lymph node in the left groin.

Dr. David :

prostate cancer would not spread to the groin lymph nodes.

Dr. David :

but just by feeling, you can't tell for sure. an inguinal ultrasound is a good test to get more information about the lump

Dr. David :

and see if it is scar tissue or a benign lymph node or a benign cyst.

Dr. David :

hello?